Friday, November 18, 2011

It's Friday ~ Try This!!

TRY THIS ~ Let your little one paint WHENEVER THEY WANT!
Okay, okay, I know what you are thinking. "That means I have to clean up a huge mess every day?!" Yes it does and so what?! Throw a drop cloth on the floor and get down to business! Now keep in mind that I have attended countless teacher workshops on the importance of  PROCESS ART, not crafts my lovelies. Therefore it has been drilled into my head how critical it is for your child to create and explore using paint, crayons, markers, glue, glitter, etc. Each and every day! Read this for some great info.

In an effort to give my budding artist more 'freedom to be creative' I moved her easel into our kitchen! Tile = easy clean up. Now she can get to her paint whenever she wishes.YIKES! A two year old with easy access to paint?! I know it seems a bit daring, however it's all in the name of early childhood development. Needless to say she has spent hours each day painting and drawing. I am really proud of  her creations, and she is too. She steps back in awe and admires her work every single time she paints. So give it a try Mom!! If you have an easel, stick it in a place where you spend a lot of time and load it up with paint, paint brushes, sponges, crayons, etc. It's worth a little mess, trust me.

My little artist drawing a "tree" for Daddy.
Pretty great, am I right??

No comments:

Post a Comment