Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Dramatic Play to liven up a rainy day!

Today while Biscuit was resting I set up a flower stand.

I used flowers from the dollar store, assorted baskets and an empty vase.
I also fetched her tea pot watering can from the back yard.


When she woke up I told her we could go downstairs and play "flower shop."

She was really excited and she insisted on wearing her "flower shop dress" ~ not sure where she came up with that one!


Setting up shop!





So pretty!


Such a great florist, watering her flowers!


Showing me the arrangement she made, which was lovely!

Then I had to pay, this girl doesn't mess around.
As soon as she handed me the vase she yelled "NINE DOLLARS!"


We don't have a toy cash register so we just used a large calculator.
It worked really well, she loved it.


This was a great rainy day dramatic play activity!

Happy Playing & Exploring!!!










1 comment:

  1. I absolutely LOVE this idea!! What a fun activity for her and I love that she wanted to dress up :) Thanks so much for sharing this with us at Sharing Saturday.

    ~MiaB
    www.mamamiasheart2heart.com

    ReplyDelete