Saturday, March 10, 2012

Exploration Inspiration


With Spring upon us here in Northern California it is the perfect time to be outside. I am always looking for something new and exciting to do in the great outdoors with my sweet girl. Parks are great, picnics are fun, mud pies are always a crowd pleaser, but I need new material! So in case any of you are in need of some new ideas as well, I have decided to start "Exploration Inspiration!" Every week I will be posting a new adventure that Biscuit and I have during outdoor play. I hope this helps to inspire you to try something new and exciting with your little one! This week's outdoor adventure is.....

Build a Bird Nest

Talk with your little one about how birds build their home, or their nest.
They use all kinds of things found in nature like twigs, grass, sticks and leaves, along with dirt and mud! 
"Fly" around your yard or the park and collect everything you would need if you were a bird about to build a nest.
Begin assembling your nest on a paper plate so your child can have a defined work space to build on.



We used mud to hold the twigs together and Biscuit decided to put an "egg" in the middle.

Stay Tuned for next week's Exploration Inspiration!

Happy Playing & Outdoor Exploring!!

Don't forget to click on the fence to vote for Tot Treasures!

No comments:

Post a Comment