Sunday, January 1, 2012

Sensory Balloons!!

Happy New Year Friends!!! This month we are kicking off 2012 by learning about our bodies. In January we will explore the five senses, body parts, and how to keep our bodies healthy! This week we will start talking about "touch" and "smell."A simple activity to explore "touch" is Sensory Balloons!! I gathered some balloons and used a household item to fill each one. For example you could use dry beans, coffee grounds, hair gel, flour, baby powder, rice, water, etc. The great thing about the coffee beans and baby powder is that they smell! So this is a great way to tie these two senses together in one activity.

The balloons!


Squeezing the water balloon.
"It's cold!" she noted. "Is there water in there?!"


 




Comparing two balloons.
Excuse the pajamas, we are nursing a cold.

4 comments:

  1. I've tried this before and my son loved it but your contents are much more interesting than mine were. I bet hair gel felt great. And you are right, baby powered would smell lovely - might give it another go with some of your ingredients.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is super cute! I love the simplicity of it =-) I wanted to invite you to link up at TGIF kid oriented Linky Party - http://livinglifeintentionally.blogspot.com/search/label/Linkey%20Parties - I know my readers would love this too!
    Beth =-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks fun, I am got to try this with my daughter. Can I pin it on Pinterest?
    shuttermom77 at gmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Stephanie, of course you may pin! Thank you for stopping by!

      Delete