Friday, April 20, 2012

Colored Cotton Collage

Hello Lovelies! I am so sorry for being absent this week. Biscuit has been heavy into rest and relaxation lately, so there has not been much to blog about. Although I will say that she is 100% potty trained, in ONE DAY might I add. It has been one week since she slapped on her first pair of big girl underwear and she hasn't looked back. That's my girl! Yay Biscuit!! I'll post that whole story another day...

Now for our oh so adorable cotton collage...


Pretty!!

To start preparing for this project I had to color the cotton balls, obviously! I decided to try the same method I use to color rice for our sensory bins. I put a few cotton balls in a small plastic Ziploc bag, added a squirt or two of hand sanitizer and a few drops of food coloring. Then I closed the bag and squeezed the living daylights out of it to mix all the color around.



After I had all of the colors that I wanted, I laid the cotton balls out to dry for an hour or so.





Then we grabbed construction paper and Biscuit poured TONS of glue all over it. I think that this was her favorite part...



Next it was time to stick on the cotton balls!




I think it turned out pretty adorable.

You will need to let this dry flat for a while before you attempt to hang it up!!

Happy Playing & Exploring!!





5 comments:

  1. One day??? I'm jealous! My little guy has been in undies for two weeks and pooped in the potty for the first time yesterday. He really wants to wear big boy pants, so we've kept at it. I think the light bulb went on yesterday. Yesterday and today he started going without being asked, so I think we are there. Yay! Still, one day...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yay!!!! It sounds like he is on his way for sure!! Biscuit literally woke up last Thurs and decided she was done with diapers. Crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Biscuit sounds a lot like Victoria, but she's had a couple of accidents along the way. Still, when she decided to walk, that was it. And when she decided to talk, that was it. Now she has decided to poop in the potty but has had the occasional peepee accident.

    My question for the above craft: is the hand sanitizer to prevent hand staining? I never was clear on how to add color to things without staining skin for days on end.

    Also: be on the lookout for new crayons! New molds received today, and after I finish my last papers for school I will have time to amp up the creativity!

    Best to you both,
    Emily (www.etsy.com/shop/drawntogetheretsy)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cool project! Thanks for linking up to TGIF! Looking forward to seeing you again tomorrow =-)
    Beth

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful project, but was the dyed cotton colorfast or does it still stain after it dries ? What does the alcohol do?
    Blessings,Flora

    ReplyDelete