Monday, January 2, 2012

Exploring the senses with chocolate play~doh!

As I mentioned in yesterday's post, we are learning about touch and smell this week. What better way to explore these senses than with chocolate play~doh?!

The dough!



Making "cookies"







 She loved squishing the "chocolates" into the box!
Have I mentioned I am overly excited about Valentine's Day?!











"Now we need to make a cake Mommy, I need candles!"






I got this recipe from one of my fellow preschool teachers back east. It is so simple and it smells divine ~

In a large bowl mix together

1 1/4 cup flour

1/2 cup cocoa

1/2 cup salt

2 tsp. cream of tartar
Be sure you combine these ingredients until they are mixed well.

Then add 1 1/2 tsp veggie oil and 1 cup boiling water. Mix until you have a  smooth ball of dough! Be careful because the dough will be very warm for a few minutes, make sure your little one waits a bit before exploring the dough. I used a real chocolate to distract Biscuit until the dough was cool.

2 comments:

  1. Love this! We just made this with my 3yr old and 2 yr old boys. We made molds in chocolate and cut out train cookies with train cookie cutters and put sprinkles through out to make it more colorful. This was a great idea. Thank you for sharing! It just made 2 hours of my day easier. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Made this yesterday morning and the kids were happily occupied for at least an hour. :) Smelled wonderful and it was nice to see them play together (since they each were playing with the same amount of the same thing, there were no quarrels over who had what!) Love this recipe for its simplicity and the fantastic smell. A little aromatherapy for Mom is never a bad way to start the day! Thank you for posting.

    ReplyDelete