Monday, October 17, 2011

How to ..... throw a great pizza party play date!

What better way to get the kids together than to host a pizza party play date?? We had some friends over to celebrate an ordinary Wednesday with some pizza, apron decorating, and good old play time in the backyard. Everyone had a wonderful time, mommies included, so I thought I would post some of our play date to get some ideas rollin'!!

We went with a pizzeria theme including red and white tablecloths, red aprons, a "tip" jar served as our silverware holder, etc. 

(Excuse the horrible lighting!)
 I took window markers and created the front door of  'P's Pizzeria.'


 Favor bags with fresh baked cookies. YUM.
"Thanks for coming to my pizza party" stickers from partyINK on etsy.


We served mozzarella sticks, fruit, and pizza. 


Yum!!
I used stationary cards taped to cookie sheets to label the pizzas.


Some pre-made pizza dough from Whole Foods as 'play dough' for the kids, this was a hit!

We also decorated aprons with fabric markers, great take home gift!
I was too busy playing hostess and I didn't get any pics of that activity, however you can find adorable toddler sized aprons on amazon. You can also find toddler size chef hats!!
If you have an older group of children they can decorate their own mini pizzas to add to the fun!
Have fun planning your next play date!!

No comments:

Post a Comment